Thursday, February 22, 2007

An Upton Sinclair Quote for starters!

I just watched the movie that is now commonly known as "the al gore movie" this past weekend. While I thought that "An Inconvenient Truth" was a very interesting flick (I learned a lot and even bought the book) - what stands out most in my mind was a quote Al used from Upton Sinclair (who btw was born in Baltimore, MD).

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Hmmm...how often is that true!


Something else to ponder: why so many people have trouble spelling the word "inconvenient" - the lady at barnes & nobles asked me to spell it for her (which for some reason I found amusing that a person working in a bookstore couldn't spell) and when I did spell it (correctly) she didn't believe me. So I just asked her to look up "Al Gore" instead....

No comments: