I have finally had a vision of my version of Hell. The setting would be a Nail Salon. I would be strapped into a massage chair, and receiving a pedicure, while also having my eyebrows waxed. The pedicure and the eyebrow waxing would be performed by women that don't speak English. It's truly a horrible place!
In preparation for my trip to South Beach, I went to a local Nail Salon to have a pedicure. While I was there, I also decided to have my eyebrows waxed. Who knew - that both procedures would happen at the same time! This may not be a big deal for the average person...but for me...its not the best scenario.
You see, I have two "issues":
1. I do not like my feet touched (I don't like to touch them and I don't like even C to touch them). Getting a pedicure is a huge deal for me...I usually have to hold the armrests on the chair that I'm sitting in very tightly, as I try to think about other things. (side note: My feet are extremely ticklish - I usually scream).
2. I have eye sensitivity. I do not like things near my eyes...it makes me uncomfortable. (just ask my eye doc friend, AH) Actually, just talking about eyes makes me uncomfortable. However, I am normally fine having my eyebrows waxed (if that is the only major event going on with my body at the time).
For some reason (that I have yet to figure out), the ladies at this particular Nail Salon decided to perform both procedures at the same time. To make matters worse - they had me sitting in a Salon Pedicure Chair that has massage features. I couldn't figure out how to turn the chair off...so while the one lady was putting hot wax above my fragile eyes (and the other lady was scrubbing my sensitive feet)a roller ball was pushing my body up and down. I tried to motion for them to help me stop the chair, but they didn't understand what I was saying. So, I tried to remain very still (I didn't want to lose an eyebrow or kick the pedicure lady in the face). What was supposed to be a very relaxing experience...made me extremely tense.
(The shocking part -- my eyebrows and toes actually look good)
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment