I did go to Nashville this past weekend for the Country Music Half Marathon. Trying to run wasn't my most brilliant decision - but the medal was very cool!! After a really long ride (we got lost) getting to the finish to take the bus to the start (even though our hotel was about 1 mile from the start) I started in corral 10. My leg started cramping at mile 1.5 - I jumped into a medical station and had them make an it band wrap around my leg. The lady tied it a little too tight and I started losing circulation in my leg. I fixed it and tried to run a very very slow 12 minute mile. I stopped a lot to stretch and walk....but I actually had a pretty good time doing the race, despite the pain. The music was great and the scenery was very cool. Nashville is a very intersting town. By mile 11 I was ready to be done though - my leg hurt, but if I started walking it hurt even more. After the finish - I headed to the med tent for ice....and then walked, what seemed like FOREVER to the gear check to get my cell to call AH. Luckily, I ran into her outside the gear check - where she was waiting for me! She did really well at the race - as did L her friend from her loca running group, MH and DW. They all rocked it!!!
After the race - we explored around our hotel, went to the race concert at the Sommet Center, and rode a mechanical bull!! Normal post-race activities!! Here are some pictures from the weekend!!






No comments:
Post a Comment