Thursday, August 28, 2008

17 and 19.....

I meant to post this earlier - but I'm so afraid of jinxing myself. I am running sans IT Band pain these days!! Since I got back from China I have done three long runs: an 8 miler - that wasn't that much fun due to a side stitch, a 17 miler - that was a tad painful on the last 4 miles, and a pain free 19 miler. (side note: the 17 miler was really supposed to be a 16 miler and the 19 miler was really supposed to be a 18 miler but I got lost on both.) I can't tell you how psyched I am to have had a pain-free run....especially one that was a 19 miler. I have been running very slowly...and walking large hills...just don't want to repeat my injury. I also bought a new foam roller.....the old foam roller was a swim noodle that just wasn't doing the trick. I've also been seen a neuromuscular massage therapist pretty regularly to help with the tightness. All in all - at this rate I think Chicago will be my first marathon - no cancellation foreseen in the future!!

4 comments:

Aron said...

that is soooo exciting!!! awesome job and hope your running continues to be pain free :)

Marcy said...

Whoot!! Sounds fantastic!! Hopefully it will stay pain free from here on out ;-)

BeachRunner said...

Whoo hoo! This is great news.

akshaye said...

That is great! A few more weeks to go!