Wednesday, March 7, 2007

I do not care who the next Pussycat Doll will be...don't cha?

I'm heading for a girls weekend in South Beach with my friends D and M (not to be confused with my initials). I'm very excited for the warm weather (see grass sleeping entry) and I have been preparing for the trip by spending time at the mall shopping for fun things to wear.

Last night - I was at the mall perusing the shops when I noticed what time it was...8:30. I realized I had to get back to my home to watch Veronica Mars (my most favorite show on tv that can be viewed every Tuesday on the CW network at 9pm). I sped home only to find that it has been replaced for the next couple weeks by some show about acquiring a new member of the Pussycat Dolls; logically called “The Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll".

I don't think I can properly convey how upsetting this was for me. First of all, I was expecting a new episode - so I was immediately let down (you know when you really want a coke and and all they have is Pepsi - this is 50x worse). Secondly, I don't listen to these dolls and I don't care who the next one is. Didn't TLC do this already? Did anyone watch that? I think INXS tried this also. Give up Dolls!

I could accept VM being replaced by a March Madness basketball game, the Olympics, even a Braves game (well maybe not that)...but to be replaced by such crap is disrespectful to the loyal viewers. Also - this replacement wasn't a "one night only" thing - 8 weeks without VM. 8 weeks!

On a side note: if you haven't checked out the show (VM not PCD)please do its very well written.

ps. if someone would like to explain the merit of the PCD show to me - I'm ready to listen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. Veronica Mars is great and everyone should be watching it.

Anonymous said...

Enough about VM and PCD. What happened on the girls trip?

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

coming soon....