Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pace Test & Vo2

Tuesday night - we had our 2 mile pace test....fun stuff. It was very dark...and hard to see. My first mile was 9.04 and my second mile was 8.53 - total time 17.57. I was 13 seconds slower than my last time doing the pace test - but I will take that. This time - I did have a negative split...so at least I'm learning to slow it down on the first mile. It was dark and cold, but fun. Afterwards we did some other drills...and then headed back to the gym to stretch.

Last night - I had my Vo2 max test. My vo2 max went up to 52. And my Aerobic Base shot up. I attached my little AB graph below.


So I'm excited to be training for my first marathon....although 26 miles appears to be a lot further than 13!! I wanted to do a couple more halfs before the year was over - but I may change my plans and do some smaller races instead. But there's always the Atlanta 1/2 on Thanksgiving...to run or not to run?

1 comment:

The Laminator said...

Hi Debbie...I say run. It's always better to run than not to. But just because you run the half-marathons, doesn't mean you to have race them. Use them as pacing runs, or long tempo runs, or as practice. Just my two cents.

And thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog the past week. Enjoy the rest of your training.