Monday, January 21, 2008

IT Band Issues

I had a massage this past week, which really helped my IT Band pain on my left leg. I even took it easy - and only ran once during the week.

On Saturday (not the best idea) we headed to Conyers, GA to run a 8-9 mile trail run at the International Horse Park there. I made it about 3 miles - but then my right knee just wouldn't cooperate. I had to walk back to the cars and wait for everyone else to finish their run.

I'm kinda concerned that I wont be able to run Napa now!! Very frustrating. I have a 20 miler coming up this weekend and I doubt that I will be able to run it. I've never really had leg issues like this - just ankle issues - so I just feel very defeated!!!

1 comment:

jen said...

Hey- sorry to hear about your IT injury! Injuries are SO frusterating. :( It's so hard to stop running when you really want to. I don't have any info on ITBS but I do know several runners who have had it and gotten past it. For now, just take it really easy and try crosstraining to keep your fitness up, and then see how it goes. You may be fine for Napa, or you may have to put it off. I know it sucks, but try to stay positive!! There's lots of other races and lots of other fun stuff to do in the meantime (bike, swim, weights, yoga!). Good luck and keep us updated. :)