Monday, May 19, 2008

Bye Bye #8....




I had such a fun time, on Saturday, riding my bike on the Silver Comet with AF. I was a little uneasy for the first couple of miles due to the amount of people walking their dogs, running, and biking. Good news though - I didn't hit a sole!! There was this one close call with a squirrel who jumped in front of me - but no casualties.

I do need to work on my balance...I can't take my hands off the handlebars just yet. I also have to figure out the gear thing....I played around with that - and I feel like I'm getting better.

I also learned three other important lessons: I need to put sunscreen on and I need to wear sunglasses and put my eye drops in (yes even with a nervousness of eyes - I have to suck it up and put drops in). My eyes are very "wind-sensitive" and I was tearing quite a bit during the ride.

So we ended up riding 20.4 miles....not bad for my 6th or 7th time on a bike. Besides the sunburn that I now have on my shoulder blades I wasn't really sore.

AF was awesome and very encouraging.....and now I am really excited to go riding again!

Oh - and oddly for some reason....I actually matched (gloves, shirt)....which I guess is very important if you have no idea what you are doing!!

3 comments:

P.O.M. said...

You look like a total pro on that bike! glad you had a great time.

Jillian said...

You DO look like a pro! The first thing I did when I started running was go and buy all the fancy running outfits...I may not be a good runner - but I look like one! : ) Way to go!

The Laminator said...

Fashion AND function...I love it!