Creative blog title...! Well, Tuesday's run didn't exactly go as I had planned. I was so excited to try out my knee...and it just didn't work properly for me. We had our two mile pace test - we use this pace to determine our pace for our other runs. It took me 25:33 to run 2 miles. My knee started hurting at the end of mile 1....and I walked the entire second mile. I was very disappointed....how can I run 26.2 if I can't get past 1!!
Wednesday, I took the day off....no spinning, no running...nothing but stretching.
Yesterday, I went to my physical therapist and told him about the pain. He did an ultrasound and a friction massage on me. Then he showed me some new exercises ...and gave me the iontophoresis patch again. I told him that we had a track workout set for the evening and he suggested that I go and see how I felt. It's a crushed gravel track and we were set to do 200 meter repeats + recovery. I did the first three sets very slowly...but my knee was fine. The second two I did barefooted (per J's suggestion) and I felt great...I was even able to sprint. After those five I decided to stop - I was really feeling good about my knee, but I didn't want to push it. I got home from the workout and iced my knee and stretched some more.
I'm really hoping that I will be able to run past two miles this weekend, as I am supposed to run 6. My physical therapist has me coming in next week for another ultrasound and friction massage to try to speed up recovery. I can't even explain the sadness I felt on Tuesday...it would be one thing if I had an injury that I could see...but my knee looks fine on the outside, feels fine when I walk and do other activities...and then all of a sudden it just hits a wall and doesn't work properly. Very frustrating!! I'm hopeful that this weekend will be a different story...and I will be able to take it very slowly and run the entire lsd run without pain!!!!
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is so frustrating! good luck and i hope your knee feels better ASAP!
:-( I'm sorry chica! Here's to a super speedy recovery!! ;D ;D
Post a Comment