Monday, June 2, 2008

Training begins....

Today is the first day of my training. I have ballet tonight at 7!! Then tomorrow the running group starts! I'm looking forward to a (hopefully) injury free (knock on wood) training.

This weekend was relaxing....didn't do too much. I went and saw SATC on Friday night. Loved it! I thought a couple parts were a little slow, but overall I really loved it. Just reminded me of how much I appreciate my own friends and I don't know what I would do without them! On Saturday - after very little sleep - I went with AF again to the Silver Comet trail. We road 12.4 miles....limited time. I felt very slow, and sluggish the first couple miles - I guess lack of sleep will do that...it was also super hot out. I had to keep questioning how I am going to run in this heat this summer...and how I ran in that type of heat last summer. I still feel like the slowest biker on the planet. I got passed by almost everyone...except an old woman and a guy with his child. I think I'm going to get a little sign to put on the back of my bike that says some variation of "Cyclist in Training" or "Student Biker"...just until I feel a little more secure.

5 comments:

P.O.M. said...

Oh crap, I just realized it's June. I need to figure out my marathon training plan. Thanks for the reminder!

Keep us posted on group training.

Marcy said...

Oooooooo running in a group sounds fun!

I have no idea how you peeps in GA tolerate the weather this time of year. It's pretty brutal with the humidity. YIKES!

The Laminator said...

I think running with a group is great and should be an integral part of everyone's training.

As for how not to get beaten up by the sun during the summer, just re-read my blog post and make sure you don't repeat the same mistake.

Aron said...

good luck on the training!!!

i also LOVED SATC :)

akshaye said...

Hey .. thanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck with your training plan.