After a mini hiatus from running (to get better from my cold)- I start training today for my first marathon! I'm very excited (I think). I am meeting the group tonight for our first training session (of the new program). This time my long runs will be much longer - Yeah!!
Tomorrow - I have my "after" Vo2 max test at the gym. I'm really not looking forward to having a mask on my face while I run on the mill, but I am curious to compare my initial test results to the new results.
I also bought some new running clothes to put me in the spirit (they were also a necessity as it has gotten a tad colder since my hiatus begun).
And for more ever-so-exciting news - I signed up for the ING GA 1/2 Marathon at the end of March. Hale won a free entrance into the race when she was at the Marine Corps marathon - so she will be coming to town. DW and MH signed up - so its going to be a blast.
Will post more about Day 1 - Napa training - later on....
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hooray for you!!! The start of training for Marathon #1 is a BIG DEAL...keep in mind that so many people never even start or think about starting, so this is a huge accomplishment and milestone in and of itself.
Well done you!!!!
Cool, come out and run it with us. There are quite a few of us GARPs (Greater Atlanta Running Peeps) that are going to do the Atlanta half. Tradition is to run a personal worse, but doing it over a half is not my idea of fun ;-) LOL.
Good luck with your training. That sounds like a great first marathon! I think you are well on your way.
Post a Comment