I am a HUGE wimp when it comes to my vision. As previously mentioned, in other posts, I have extreme eye sensitivity (or at least that's what I'm calling it). Basically - I squirm and just get completely and utterly uncomfortable at the thought of anything near or around my eyes! The notion of an eyeliner getting close to my eyes freaks me out - so you can imagine what a fun patient I am at the eye doctor. The irony is that one of my closest and bestest friends on this planet - is an eye doctor...and she's not getting close to these babies! My uncomfortable ness about my eyes even extends to conversations about other people's eyes. I can barely listen to any discussion regarding pupils or eye surgery...without cringing. So as you can imagine - today's eye appointment wasn't on the top of my Fun List - but I survived!! I purposely scheduled it on Valentine's Day - just to add a little joy to the bleak appointment.
It's been two years since I have had an eye doctor appointment. Two Years!! Not long enough!! I only went because of pressure from the masses (and because I lost my glasses about a year ago, I'm a bad driver, I squint a lot and the squinting is often misinterpreted as a mean glare, etc...). Oh and - Side note: I am terrible about wearing glasses...and my vision isn't that great. When I asked Hale if I could ever consider getting laser eye surgery - she laughed and said no. She didn't mean that my vision wasn't correctable by the surgery - what she meant was that I would have to be awake during the surgery and I don't think they make valium strong enough to handle my issues.
So regarding the actual appointment....it went well - I was amazing!! I stayed calm for most of the time...and took deep breaths during the eye drop portion of the program. I was even a stellar patient when the blue light started getting closer and closer to my tiny precious eyes. So the outcome - new prescription...it changed a tad...and I don't have to go back for another year!!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job! I don't think I know anyone else with this fear of eye doctors... dentists, sure, but not eye doctors! You did a great job. I really need to get in too- I don't wear my glasses because I don't like the way they look, which is inexcuseable! I am going to get either contacts or some cuter glasses.
Post a Comment