Monday, September 10, 2007

12 Miles & Dave


Saturday am we had our 14 mile long run. My 14 mile run produced only 12 miles. The run just didn't start out well - my two packets of Gu fell out of my pockets within the first 10 seconds of running out the gym door. I had to turn around and find them (new shorts with side pockets that I now know don't hold Gu well). On mile 5 one of my running friends got injured. We hung out with her for awhile (that's where I learned that everyone but me was going to the Dave Matthews concert that night at Piedmont Park - I had procrastinated about buying tickets). I gave her my map and after hanging out for awhile to make sure things were ok...I headed out with another member of the group. At around mile 10, he lost his map....and there were some streets that we weren't familiar with around mile 11 or so - so we ended up heading back to the gym. I think we only did around 12...maybe a little less. It was kind of comical at the end as we tried to recall streets that we thought might be on the course....the lost Gu was an omen. Even though we had to make up a route in the end - it was still a fun run...never boring. My legs felt stiff during the first couple of miles but loosened up in the end. There was a massage therapist at the gym when we got back and I had a 30 minute massage (the less miles helped me get back sooner for the massage so it worket out well).

Later in the afternoon - we found out that our neighbors were going to see Dave & the Allman Brothers. We went on ticketmaster and they had just released 1500 more tickets. It was a Green Concert so there were no cars allowed in the area. We carpooled with the neighbors and took the MARTA. The concert was crazy - there were 50,000+ people. It was a lot of fun though and I know they raised tons of money to benefit Piedmont Park. I really enjoyed Greg Allman singing Melissa with Dave...nice treat. Here's just a little picture I took with my cell....you can hardly see anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie, your run plus concert sounds like a great day. My daughter is a huge DMB fan and looks at the set list for every concert and last night pouted, "I wish I was in Atlanta."

Glad you had good run and rocked with your 50,000 friends.