First of all - The Ravens won!! They beat the Jets 20-13...go Kyle and Todd!! My parents participated in some sort of dog event this weekend; the Scottie Scamper in Baltimore. Their dog Katie...won most patriotic...she was dressed up as a Raven's player...and the crowd (of 15 - I would guess) chanted "Who let the dogs out" when she walked by. Even dogs are Ravens fans in my family.
Now to the running:
Saturday, I ran a little over 8 miles for my long run. We were supposed to run 9 but a member of my running group was injured so we cut it back a little. The run was pretty uneventful....I didn't get lost at all this time!! I did, however, have a bit of a problem with an accessory for my run. It was about 6:15 when I got up on Saturday am - so I just grabbed the first ponytail holder that I saw on the floor. Well, it must not have really been a hair-appropriate tye...because combined with my perspiration it turned my hair green. After the long run, I went to brunch with two of my running friends, but my hair was still in a pony tail so it wasn't noticed. When I got home I was helping Chris clean off our deck and he yelled something about green stuff being in my hair (it was the first time I had released my ponytail). There are still traces of green in my hair today. Lesson learned: what looks like a ponytail holder - may not be a ponytail holder.
Today, Chris and I went to the Silver Comet trail for a little run. It was beautiful out - temperatures under 70 (and it's Atlanta). I ran with him the first mile and kept his pace....but then had to fix my hair tye...and he kept going. I could see him for the next mile until I turned around. He kept going to run 6.2 and I turned around after 2 - so I had a recovery run of 4 miles. I really loved the weather for my run!! It was a great Sunday run.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice job on the weekend running! So glad the weather is getting better for running finally. :)
I wonder what it was that turned your hair green?!? That's never happened to me, although I have had my blond hair turn green after spending too much time in a pool! Ewww. :P
Green hair. Most men my age would kill for hair that is any color.
Glad the running is going well. You have some pretty important races on your schedule.
Hope your Ravens continue to win and you continue to enjoy good training.
Hey Deb! It's always cool to meet another Atlanta runner! Luv the Silver Comet... I mostly ride there, but I'm seeing it as a distinct possibility for some of my longer runs coming up! I dunno... You could be bringing back the punk look with that green hair ;-)
Post a Comment