So I ran 6.5 miles the weekend before last - and felt ok. I had to stretch every 2 miles - and people kept asking me if I was alright - but I managed to run without any pain. I took last week and this past weekend off (did have a day of skiing in beautiful Gatlinburg) - and I'm going to start running either today or tomorrow. I signed up for the Country Music Marathon in April - so I definitely have a back up race if something happens and I cannot run Napa successfully. I feel pretty optimistic about my 20 miler planned for this coming weekend....cautiously optimistic, but optimistic.
Very excited for CMM - Hale is coming to town to run the 1/2 and MH signed up for the full. Should be a fun time!! Oh - and since I last posted I have aged...I guess turning 31 is just the beginning of more injuries and pains to come.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy belated birthday!! :)
CMM sounds like such a fun race. I'm so glad your IT band is healing up, yay! Keep up the good work!
i feel like such a slacker.
ok, now I feel hard core. I had dirt in my bellybutton after the trail run tonight. THAT'S hard core. :)
that's something....
Post a Comment