
So this has been my first full week with the training program. Last week, I ran the Peachtree 10k but was gone the rest of the week for B's wedding. Tuesday, we had a tempo run. While the rest of the group ran at their assigned pace for 3 miles - I had to run 2 miles to determine a pace. It was very humid and started pouring but it was a good time. My pace was around a 10/11 minute mile...which I would very much like to improve. Thursday, we did speed work drills at Piedmont Park's new gravel track. I was very nervous going into the session, but had a great time. I forgot how much I enjoy sprinting (if that's even something that can be enjoyed). I had to maintain a certain time for all the drills and try not to go over it. For the most part - I was between 14 - 7 seconds below that time. We worked a lot on our form and did ab work in the end. I'm a little sore today and I have a strange tingling sensation in the second toe of the right foot....but I should survive. Today is my day off - but Saturday we run 7 miles...(that should be interesting).
*****The race is now 7 weeks away!!!*******
No comments:
Post a Comment