Saturday, July 14, 2007
Long Run #2
This AM we had our long run around VA-Highlands. For the most part, I had a good run. We did 7 miles and it only started raining during my last quarter mile. My training coach wanted us to enjoy the run and disassociate from it. I listened to NPR's This American Life during my run which was great. Although, listening to Ira's voice didn't really improve my speed, but it did help me disassociate, which was the goal. Around the 4 1/2 - 5 mile mark I started feeling a pain on the outer right side of my knee (and therefore started associating). It started as I was running downhill and continued on and off for the rest of the run. This evening it has still been aching on and off despite my RICE efforts. Hopefully, tomorrow it will feel much better. I'm supposed to do a 2 mile recovery run tomorrow, but I don't want to injure my injury anymore. Instead I will just stick to icy-hot and advil for recovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope your leg feels better today. Hang in there.....you are doing great! MES
It sounds like it might be IT band related...call me and let's chat! DON'T RUN TODAY.
Post a Comment