For the past three Thursdays, I have met my training group at the "Active Oval" at Piedmont Park. The first week we did 200 meter repeats, the second week we did 400 meter repeats, and last night we did another 400 meter repeat. Until this past weekend I was a little confused about the distances we were running. A normal track is 400 meters around; the piedmont park track is not. It's actually .52 mile or 800 miles around. So for awhile I thought that my 200 meter time was actually my 400 meter time. It was all very depressing. Thank goodness I figured out that the track was actually twice the size....or I might have just given up. I think at one point I thought I was running a 16 or 17 minute mile.
Yesterday -
We did 5 sets of 400 meter repeats with 400 meter recovery jogs between each one. My best time was 1.56. My worst time was 2.05 (on the first rep). The week before I did them between 2.05 - 2.12, so I'm definetly improving. If I can stay below 1.56 for next week, I will be really happy.
Tomorrow I have my 8 mile long run - if I can show up on time!
Friday, July 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment