Well, I kinda messed up my long run today. We were supposed to run 8 miles. I left the house on time but got stuck on I-20 in a complete back up - all the lanes were blocked and I just sat there for 15 minutes. (And this is on a Saturday @ 7:45am). When I was on North Avenue I passed some people in my group....I quickly parked my car at the gym and tried to figure out where they were going. I ended up running a mile and had no luck. Fortunately, the gym opens at 8:30 for a 9- 9:15 class. I headed back there to see if they had any maps for the training group sitting around. They didn't but I was encouraged to stay for the morning class. I figured some kind of workout would probably be good. So I did the 400 meter warm up and started the W.O.D. (my gym's speak for Work Out of the Day). We had to do push ups with our arms on these rings....not very easy. During one of the rotations where we had to run a loop around I ran into my training instructor. He said that the full marathoners would be by shortly and I could get in a 6 mile run with them. So I ended up running 6 miles with them (may have been a tad over - as we got a little lost and ran past one of our turns and had to correct). Collectively I ran about 7.3 and had a mini work out. Next week we are plateauing so I have another chance to run 8. (Thank goodness!) Tomorrow I get to recovery jog 3...which will at least give me a chance to add some more miles for the week.
On another note - C and I went to see Candlebox last night. I only know 3 of their songs but we decided to go anyway. They broke up about 6 or 7 years ago and now have re-grouped. They have an album coming out later this year. We tried to time it so we would miss the opening band - but we weren't aware that there were actually 2 opening bands. The second one, which we heard, was from Baltimore; their name is Cinder Road. The best thing about them was their Baltimore connection. Baltimore's not exactly known for rock and roll output so I can't be too critical. But it was nice hearing the city's name mentioned....
*****Six more weeks until the VA Beach 1/2*****
*****12 more weeks until Baltimore*****
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment