Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Amazing Weather on the Trail!

Last night - I ventured out to the Silver Comet for a quick 3.2 (the mile markers on the trail aren't 1 mile, 2 mile, its more like 1.6, 2.3, etc) mile run. The temperature was great...and the shade of the trail made it a perfect run. I love that there is a lot of activity on the trail...tons of bikers, walkers, and runners. When I was running the trail in the beginning of August it was pretty desolate at night. Around mile 1.4 I ran into E, from my running group, she was running back on the other side and flagged me down. She was running with her dog, who actually runs faster than me. I talked to her for a few minutes since she missed Saturday's run. She's training for the Marine Corps and is super fast! Here are my splits...you can see when I stopped to talk to E. Not sure what that mile + .2 would have been.

Mile 1: 8:47
Mile 2.2: 15:25
Mile 3: 9:28

So I had a great run...although I started out too quickly...it was nice to run under my 10min pace. It was good for my legs to feel what a sub 9 and 10 feel like. If I could only apply this to my long runs! Oh and btw - the green is gone! I was actually starting to like it.

3 comments:

jen said...

That sounds like a nice run! I love seeing so many other runners out there, especially when you know someone. It really makes you feel like you're part of a community!

Bummer about the green washing out. Ha ha!

Wes said...

Hmmmm... Where do you start out on the trail at? I know on Mavel Road trailhead, some nice soul has marked the miles off out to four I believe...

Luv your "training" speed. You are super fast :-)

Debbie said...

Thanks, although - my speed that day was a fluke. I start at the trailhead at the Elementary School off of Cooper Lake. It's marked out 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 miles on the ground. Sometimes I miss them though. I really enjoy running on the SC.