Tuesday, September 4, 2007

RnR 1/2 Report & Pics

Sorry for the super long post.

We arrived in VA Beach on Saturday. After we checked into the hotel, we headed over to the race expo. At the race expo we had the chance to meet the Penguin...and get our picture taken with him.



AH met us at the expo and we all headed back to hang out at the hotel and grab dinner. We did have a nice view from our hotel room.



We woke up at 5-something in the am to get ready for the race. I had a charlie horse in my left leg while I was lying in bed contemplating getting up. It was a really sharp shooting pain. Luckily, I happened to have the stick with me....which really helped. (note: below picture was not taken at actual injury time)

Once dressed and ready, we made our way to the race start


...where we spent most of out time in spot-a-pot lines. Then we said our goodbyes and headed for our corals.

AH had an amazing time of 1:48; a PR for her. Although, I didn't see her - she was at mile 13 when I passed...and snapped this little shot of me. It was so hot on the pavement "board"walk.



I was really excited to finish the race.....I think I may have shed a little tear as I crossed the finish line. I headed for the Medical Tent to get some ice for my leg and then met up with AH. We wandered around and got food...even asked a gentleman in the spot-a-pot line to take this beautiful very gross and sweaty shot.




Then we met MH and DW near the beer tent. Here are some pictures from immediately after the race.





After, going to eat seafood and showering...we headed out to the post-race beach party to celebrate.






I had such a great time with DW, AH, and MH....it was so much fun doing this race with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun race report! So many reports are painful to read and yours, together with pics, make it sound enjoyable.

The Penguin is a riot, and quite a figurehead in running.

Isn't HM a perfect distance?

Keep up the good work good luck at Baltimore.

jen said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Congrats on your first (trained-for) Half Marathon! What a debut! You ran so strong and it sounds like you had a blast- what a perfect race. Great pics too, you and your friends are so pretty! What a fun weekend.

Good luck on your training for your next race. I see you are coming out my way (Bay Area) for the Napa Valley Marathon. Cool! I have always wanted to do that one.