
I arrived 10 minutes early for our long run this am. After my traffic issue last week, I wanted to make sure that I would be there on time. We started and ended the first mile as a group. We headed up Ponce, turned on Highland, turned on North and took the Freedom Park trail. We all congregated at the first water stop which was about 1.5 miles in and at the end of the trail. After that, the faster runners (of which I am not) took off and left the rest of us to fend for ourselves. J had given us each a 4 page map to follow in a zip lock bag so we wouldn't destroy it. I think I took the map out about 10x throughout the 8 miles. I was very confused on which way I was going and had to stop multiple times to get the map out or wait for a runner behind me to point in a direction. (Turns out that one of the runners actually got lost - so I had good reason to be so concerned with my map). All in all the 8 miles were fun. My time was a little slower than I would have liked it to be...but there is always next week. We are running 10 miles next week! I must say - I really enjoy my running group - its nice to have other people cheering you on and giving you directions when you feel lost.
My legs aren't really sore at all...I'm just tired from the run. I didn't want to take a nap or go to sleep too early...so I had Charlie rest for me. Check out my lazy cat's picture. So jealous!!
1 comment:
Just so you know, I'm cheering you on too!!
Go Debbie Go! : )
Love,
Dayna
Post a Comment