Friday, August 3, 2007

91 Degrees

That's how hot it was when I got to Piedmont Park last night for our intervals. We ran over to the Oval and warmed up. They were doing something to the fields and it smelled like manure, really hot manure. As we did our first warm up lap we were just breathing the manure in. To enhance the situation there was also some strange guy who was blowing dirt near a section of the oval; dust was just flying everywhere. At that point - I wanted to head back to my car and drive home. Between the heat, the odors, and the dirt clouds I didn't think I was going to be able to make it. I'm glad I decided to stay I ended up having a good time. I must have adjusted to manure smell at some point and the dust cloud finally settled. The heat didn't go away - but I did a pretty good job of hydrating prior to arriving at the park.

I ran 2 800 meter repeats with 800 meter recoveries and 2 400 meter repeats with 400 meter recoveries. My best time on the 800 meter repeat was 4.26 and my best time on the 400 meter repeat was 1.59 (my worst time for the 400 meter was 2.05). I was happy with my 400 meter time, but I could improve on my 800 meter. The new socks and shoes worked well; my feat felt great. I'm kinda curious to see what would happen if I put two L's on instead of the L and R. Maybe I will mix it up.

Well - I have my 10 mile run tomorrow - I just pray it is not too hot!!

No comments: