
Chris and I woke up this am and went to the Silver Comet trail. It was hot even at 8am. I only ran 2.4 miles and then walked a little while I waited for Chris to finish his 6 miles. I saw this elderly couple on a bicycle built for two - they looked very athletic. I hope I'm out and about like that when I'm their age. I think that the bicycle built for two is the way to go. I have this fear of riding a bike. The last time I rode a bike for more than two seconds was when I was in high school. I was working as a camp counselor at a christian sports camp in Martha's Vineyard. They had the entire camp bike 20 miles (which is basically one side of the island to the other) to a beach. I stayed in the very, very back with the non-bike riding campers, and quickly volunteered to give up my wonderful bike ride when a camper got injured. I just have this fear that I'm going to fall off the bike and break something. But maybe this bike for two is the way to go. I think I could tandem. I really want to get a bike though, which is the strange thing. When I'm on the SC I see tons of people biking. In fact, as of late, all I see are bikers. There are way more bikers than runners these days (because its so hot!). They all appear to be having a great time - maybe I'm missing out on something. It would also be nice to have an alternative outdoor activity. I just know I will fall off though!
No comments:
Post a Comment