Last night, instead of our normal tempo run we did more hill training. One of our instructors is gung-ho hills so I'm sure this will become an integral part of our workout going forward. It was about 96 degrees when we took off for the work-out. He had us do suicides up this hilly street which was about 800 meters long. We did a total of 5 repeats. It was really tough...and my recoveries down were much slower than my normal recoveries. At least they were suicides - so the distances kept getting shorter and shorter as we progressed. I was a tad dizzy after the last run. We headed back to the gym afterwards and did 3 sets of 15 knees to elbows off the pull-up bars and 3 sets of back extensions on the machine. I'm still really enjoying my training group - we have a great bunch of people.
***Two and 1/2 more weeks until VA Beach***
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. Those hills are killer. I still believe hills are one of the best training "packages" as you develop endurance, speed, and strength. When we're running them, it's hell. When we're recovering we're getting this hugely maximum benefit. Hope you have some easy runs ahead.
Post a Comment