Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Just Me
I had this feeling when I was driving last night to my tempo run that I would be the only one there. I was correct. The other members of my training group were either tied up at work or traveling. Lucky me - I got one-on-one training. While I waited for the others to show up (which never happened) J had me do an abs warm-up of 30 sit-ups, 10 back extensions and 10 dumbbell push ups. Then we left the gym to start our run - we ran about a mile and ½ to a location that I had never been to before to do warm ups. After the warm ups, he had me do a .6 mile loop of hills. He paced me on various sections of the loop…telling me when to speed up and when to recover. We also worked on my form and breathing. We did the loop 3x and each time I was to beat my previous time. I missed it on the third loop – I started off too slowly. I was having a lot of breathing issues on the third one – I’m not taking in enough air at times. After the hill loops we ran the mile and ½ back to the gym. Since I mentioned liking the core workouts while we were running back (not smart), J suggested we do the workout that was on the board at the gym. It was 50-40-30-20-10 of medicine ball style sit-ups…where you through the medicine ball at a target on the wall when you sit-up and back extensions. Fortunately, I only had to start at 30 and work my way down. That was tough – my abs were very sore. It was a great mix for a workout and I really appreciated the help with my pacing. As much as I think hills are awful…I know the work is helping (I think!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment