We met at the gym at 6:45 am - I was the first one to arrive since I am now paranoid about missing any long runs. There were only two of us running the 1/2 marathon distance - and six running the full. We were supposed to run 12 miles - but we ended up only doing 11. I can't complain since I originally had intended only to run 8 miles. It was nice to be out before it started getting hot. The run was a nice course - not too many hills. One of the marathoners gave me a GU that was awesome. I have been using Cliff Shots in Razz, but she gave me one of her GU’s to try that had caffeine. It was the Chocolate one...it was awesome! The razz flavor is okay - I usually gag for a split second from the intense honey taste. I think I'm going to use the Chocolate GU for the race on Sunday. It tasted like frosting and it was really easy to take.
I'm getting a little nervous about the race- I wish I had run past the distance. The week after the 1/2 my training group is doing 14 miles...that should help me for Baltimore. My friend AR is training for Baltimore also!! It will be great knowing someone else that’s doing the race!
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment